1) McCain/Palin is running strong in national polls;
2) Obama/Biden is weathering the storm in the battleground state polls.
In order to work out the state of play strategically, we need to unpack the morass of data that has led us to this point by seeking answers to the following key questions:
- Which ticket has best captured the 'Change' mantle?
- Who are Independent voters backing?
- What is the current state of party ID?
- What are the demographics of the electorate likely to be on November 4th?
- What are the battleground states post-Convention?