After a week of Palin, polls and pundity sometimes even I step back from the horserace to think about that which truly matters:
- The unemployment rate jumps to 6.1%.
- That which LBJ privatised George W. Bush will nationalise: the Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Federal Government bailout.
- Iraq and Afghanistan coalition casualties.
- Poverty and the share of Americans lacking health insurance increases dramatically.
- "We're borrowing money from China to buy oil from the Persian Gulf to burn it in ways that destroy the future of human civilization. Every bit of that has to change." - Al Gore